This is a fantastic question and one that I get asked frequently. So here is a little how-to for you.
Vinyl Decal Application Instructions
- Vinyl applicator tool or old credit card
- Painters tape
*If applying to glass or a tile, it is helpful to clean the area first with rubbing alcohol and let air dry.
- Using your level and painters tape, tape a piece of string to the wall where you plan to install your wall decal.
- Tape the top corners of the decal to the wall using painters tape and place a vertical piece of tape across the middle of the decal as shown in the photo below. The decal should be placed beneath the string, which you can use to make sure your decal is applied level on your wall.
- Remove the string and discard.
- Remove the painters tape from the top left corner, and peel the backing paper off of the transfer tape. When you reach the center of the decal, tear the backing paper off.
- Using the vinyl applicator or an old credit card, firmly rub the decal from the center point outwards to apply the decal to the wall.
- Remove the painters tape from the center and right corner. Repeat steps 4 and 5 on the right side of the decal.
- Being in a corner and slowly peel off the transfer tape at a 45 degree angle. Smooth the decal using the vinyl applicator to remove any air bubbles by rubbing from the center to the edges. Enjoy your decal!