Hi everyone! Welcome to my very first blog post and tutorial!
I get asked all the time on how I make my finished signs, so here is a tutorial on how to make my But First Coffee sign.
What You Will Need
- 2 - 1" x 4" x 12" Sanded and Stained Wood Planks
- 2 - 1" x 2" x 6" Wood Strips
- Wood Glue
- Bradly Nailer or screws
- 200 Grit Sand Paper
- Vinyl Stencil**
- Paint brush
- White Acrylic Paint
- Black Acrylic Paint
- Using your paint brush, paint your two pre-stained boards white.
- Once the paint is dry, lightly sand your planks and randomly sand deeper in different spots to give that distressed look. Wipe your boards clean.
- Put wood glue on one wood strip, place it glue side down so it covers both wood planks. Using your nail gun, nail into place, or you can screw it into place. Repeat process for the other small wood strip.
- Make sure the front of your painted planks are free of sanding dust. Place your stencil on the front. Make sure all the edges are sealed to the wood.
- Using your black paint, paint in the stencil.
- While the paint is still wet, peel up the stencil.
- Once your paint is dry, seal the wood and enjoy your new sign!